Chocolate Glazed Banana Bundt Cake is a fancy looking cake that can be served at any occasion. Marbled on the inside and drizzled with a silky chocolate glaze on the outside, this bundt cake rocks!
A big bundt cake is the perfect way of surprising your family. That’s why I love cakes baked in bundt pans. They look much more elegant and you can give them a variety of forms using various bundt pans. You feel like a magician when you remove the cake from pan. I find it really fun to see the cake has the same shape as the bundt pan. It might be the hardest and worst part of baking though if you don’t grease and flour your pan throughly.
If you don’t give enough importance to that step, you can’t remove the cake from the pan easily; some sides will stick to the pan and the shape of your cake won’t be a desired one. So I recommend you to do this at the beginning, before starting to whisking the ingredients. I butter my bundt pan throughly, flour it well and put aside. Then I start to make the cake and I never have a problem removing the cake.
To make the inside of this chocolate glazed banana bundt cake marbled, divide the cake batter in two and add cocoa powder to one of the bowls. Then fill your pan a little with dark batter, a little with light batter. Make swirls with a fork when the pan is completely filled. Or as in my Marbled Banana Bread, you can pour the light batter into the pan first, then pour the dark batter over it and make swirls with a fork.
I love to keep things simple, so I prefer using a simple chocolate glaze for bundt cake. It’s just a mixture of heavy cream and dark chocolate. Heat the cream, remove it from heat and add in dark chocolte. Whisk well until smooth. You have the easiest chocolate glaze now. I find this chocolate glazed banana bundt cake is better the next day because the flavors combine better and the chocolate glaze is absorbed well; if you can wait that long. You can serve the cake with a little more chocolate drizzle over slices.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Chocolate Glazed Banana Bundt Cake
Banana cake with marbled inside. Not too sweet, not too wet. Just perfect! Even better the next day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8
for the cake:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 and 1/4 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup butermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
for the chocolate glaze:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Butter the bundt cake pan and dust throughly with 1/2 tablespoon flour, put aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas and eggs. Add in sugar and mix with an electric mixer until creamy. Add in oil, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients except cocoa powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Take 1 cup of the batter and mix it with cocoa powder.
- Pour half of the light colored batter that is without cocoa powder into the pan, then pour half of the batter with the cocoa powder. Repeat this with remaining batters and make swirls with a fork. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate glaze. Heat heavy cream until it boils. Remove it from heat and add in chopped chocolate, whisk well until smooth. Let it cool completely and drizzle over cooled cake.