Chocolate Fudge Yogurt Cookies are definitely guilt-free since they don’t have butter or any kind of oil. Yes, no butter or oil in these cookies!
Do you think these are dry and crumbly as a result? You have to give these a try to see how these are super fudgy and moist!
After making no butter and no oil Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cookies, I knew I would make the chocolate version soon and the result is terrific! These chocolate fudge yogurt cookies have an amazingly intense chocolate flavor thanks to the cocoa and chocolate chips in its dough. Maybe I should have called them Double Chocolate Yogurt Cookies?
So what makes these yummy cookies that moist and yummy? I used Very Thick Homemade Greek Yogurt as a substitution for butter and oil. I guess I will never need those two again when making cookies because no difference in taste at all! I used 1 cup of Greek yogurt at first step, but when I added flour and cocoa powder, the dough became too thick to stir. So I had to add an extra ¼ cup of Greek yogurt and stir well. If you have the same problem, don’t afraid to add more yogurt. Just make sure you combined it with the dough well.
These yogurt cookies are so soft and moist, almost like brownies in cookie form. I absolutely know that Greek yogurt has a tangy flavor, but the lovely chocolate flavor successfully hides it. Noone can tell that these cookies are made with Greek yogurt unless they are told.
I love intense chocolate flavor in my cookies, so I used both cocoa powder and chocolate chips in the dough. If you don’t want your cookies to taste that chocolaty, just leave the chocolate chips out and use a little of them as topping only. The chocolate chips on top of yogurt cookies were shining and had a very nice copper color when they were removed from oven. See what I mean in the second image above. They became dark brown again as the cookies cooled off.
Greek yogurt is such a magical ingredient that no matter savory or sweet, it makes everything taste even better. I think my next experiment will be to make our already healthy Whole Wheat Flour Apple Muffins with Greek yogurt to make it even healthier. Will definitely share the result with you, so stay tuned!
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Chocolate Fudge Yogurt Cookies
Super moist yogurt cookies loaded with chocolate flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cup greek yogurt, you can add a little more if you feel the dough is too thick
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F). Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add it in the egg mixture gradually and stir with a spatula well.
- Add in yogurt and stir with a spatula. If the dough gets too thick to stir, add a little extra Greek yogurt and combine it with the dough well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter in the tray with the help of two teaspoons and bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer them on a wire rack right after you remove them from oven, sprinkle sea salt on each.
- You can keep these 5-7 days in an airtight container.