Have you ever combined chocolate and figs? After making Double Chocolate Brownies a while ago, I thought I must try another version with fresh figs. I love the fresh sweetness of figs and they go perfect with chocolate based desserts. Well, I can eat figs at every meal, I can just full my stomach with them and will never get bored of them! Fudge brownies are mostly made with nuts, which is a perfect match. When we are still in the season, why not match these fudge brownies with fresh figs? I can proudly say that these are the easiest and the best brownies I’ve ever made! Figs on the top definitely add some freshness and help the chocolate flavor stand out more. What else could you need when eating these brownies? Maybe one or two dollops of good vanilla ice cream.
These fudge brownies are so moist that they give you the feeling as if you are eating the best chocolate cake in your life.
It’s super easy to make these when you follow the instructions in the recipe. Everyone will congratulate you as soon as they get the first bite! I’m sure this will be your basic brownie recipe from now on!
To have the best result, you should use high quality cocoa powder.
To check if a cake is done, all cake recipes tell you to insert a toothpick and see it clean when removed. It is not the same for these fudge brownies, the toothpick will still be wet and this shows that your brownies are on the right way. Do not overcook, otherwise you will not have that moistness!
I topped the brownies with an extra chocolate sauce to make it even more decadent! If you are planning to take them to somewhere, just take the sauce in a separate jar and pour it there.
You can chill these super chocolate fudge brownies for some hours before eating if you have that patience to wait!
I’m so tempted by these Top 10 Best Brownies by Michelle of Brown Eyed Baker and can’t wait to try them as well!
More Fig Recipes
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Figs
Chocolate brownies with fresh figs and chopped hazelnuts make a great summer sweet treat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 200g butter, melted and cold
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cup hazelnut, chopped
- 5 fresh figs, plus more for garnish
- 80g dark chocolate
- 200g heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Break eggs into it one by one and mix well.
- Add in cocoa powder, baking powder and a pinch of salt and mix until smooth.
- Sift flour into it and mix with a spatula.
- Chop the figs finely and add into the mixture.
- Toss in chopped hazelnuts and stir.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and pour the batter on it.
- Shake the pan gently so that the batter spreads evenly in it.
- Bake for 45 min.
- For chocolate sauce, melt dark chocolate in a heat proof cup over boiling water.
- Mix it with heavy cream and let it cold.
- Serve brownies in squares topped with fresh figs and a little chocolate sauce.