Chocolate Drizzled Pistachio Cookies are a good start for cookie baking in fall. Each season has its own beauties, but fall has a different place in my life. I love it in all aspects! The weather is just how I like it; neither too hot nor too cold. The combination of brown, yellow and red colors in nature is enough to make me mesmerized. I’m sure poets become even more prolific in fall. Wish I had some poetry skills! Thank god I love baking and fall is the best season for it! I’ve missed making cookies during summer and will be baking quite often with the start of fall.
I obviously have a thing for cookies and I couldn’t wait until fall and shared two cookie recipes with you in the middle of August; Chocolate Fudge Yogurt Cookies and Flourless Pistachio Cookies, which were great even in summer because they were light and you can have a big batch of them at one time.
Now on to my Chocolate Drizzled Pistachio Cookies. These are wonderfully nutty, chewy and fancy with the colorful sprinkles on them. These definitely make perfect treat for any party, but I’m sure they will have a special effect on kids. Why don’t you organize a party to celebrate the new school year for your kids and make these cookies for them? Woudn’t it be a great motivation for them?
These fancy looking chocolate drizzled pistachio cookies are extra chewy with lots of ground pistachios. I can find ground pistachio at markets here, but it is much like pistachio powder and I wanted the pistachios to stand out in the cookies. So I just bought shelled pistachios and ground them myself in a food processor. You can do the same.
I drizzled these pistachio cookies with both white chocolate and milk chocolate. Well, it wasn’t my first aim to do so. I must admit that milk chocolate drizzle and sprinkles were hubby’s touch. He just couldn’t help interfering when he saw my cookies slightly drizzled with white chocolate. He found them too plain! Glad he did as I loved them this way more. You can use white chocolate only if you love plain looking cookies or leave it out and use only milk chocolate or use them both as I did.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Chocolate Drizzled Pistachio Cookies
Chewy and nutty pistachio cookies with a white and milk chocolate drizzle and sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 22 1x
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachio, finely ground
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 1 cup milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F (170C).
- Beat butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add in flour, salt, vanilla and pistachios. Let them combine well.
- Line an oven tray with parchment paper. Shape dough into balls and place on it about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack and let them cool completely before drizzling with chocolate.
- For drizzling, melt white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate bowls over smmering water.
- Drizzle the cookies first with white chocolate and wait for about an hour so that the two types of chocolate don’t mix.
- Drizzle them with milk chocolate when white chocolate drizzle is set. And top with sprinkles right after milk chocolate.
- You can store these in an airtight container up to 5 days.