Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Coconut macaroons dipped into melted chocolate and decorated with colorful sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 3 cups sweetened coconut
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set side.
- Beat egg whites, vanilla and salt about 2 minutes. Add in sugar, keep beating until stiff.
- Fold in shredded coconut.
- Drop batter on a parchment paper lined baking sheet using a teaspoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until their top turns golden.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate on a simmering water and let it reach almost at room temperature.
- When the macaroons are cooled, dip them into melted chocolate and then into sprinkles. Place on a parchment paper and wait until set. Optionally, you can chill them for about half an hour and hear that cracking sound when eating.
Keywords: chocolate dipped coconut macaroons, chocolate dipped macaroons