Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons are the best gluten-free treats that you can serve at parties. Make sure you make enough as these will be the hit for everyone, even for those who don’t have to follow a gluten free diet.
These sweet coconut macaroons are slightly crispy on the outside and tender and chewy on the inside. They become even more addictive when they are dipped into chocolate. Love chocolate-dipped treats? Go check out the following recipes too!
These chocolate dipped coconut macaroons are ridiculously easy to make and you will be surprised when you taste it. You just mix everything together in a bowl and then drop the batter on a baking sheet using a tablespoon but an ice cream scoop would work fine too. These are done in 25 minutes. You can understand this from their top. You can remove them from oven when they start to turn slightly golden and let them cool.
Meanwhile you can prepare the chocolate. Melt it over simmering water and let it reach almost at room temperature. And dip the bottom of macaroons into this melted chocolate and then into some fancy sprinkles. Place each on a baking paper and let the chocolate and sprinkles set. Try not to hurry to turn them up as I did, wait until the chocolate and sprinkles set. You can chill these about half an hour and then serve if you want the chocolate to crack when you bite.
You can be sure that these chocolate dipped coconut macaroons will become one of your ultimate sweet party recipes that never tires you. They make amazing holiday gifts too. Nothing is better than homemade edible gifts!
Other Coconut RecipesPrint
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 3 cups sweetened coconut
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set side.
- Beat egg whites, vanilla and salt about 2 minutes. Add in sugar, keep beating until stiff.
- Fold in shredded coconut.
- Drop batter on a parchment paper lined baking sheet using a teaspoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until their top turns golden.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate on a simmering water and let it reach almost at room temperature.
- When the macaroons are cooled, dip them into melted chocolate and then into sprinkles. Place on a parchment paper and wait until set. Optionally, you can chill them for about half an hour and hear that cracking sound when eating.
Keywords: coconut macaroons