Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Insanely moist pumpkin bread loaded with fall spices and chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (See the video above)
- 1/2 cup kefir
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Butter a 9X5 inches loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Add in olive oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and kefir. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually sift the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Put 1/4 cup of chocolate chips aside for topping. Dust the remaining chips with a little flour and fold in the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place chocolate chips on its top right after you remove it from oven.
- Let it cool completely before slicing.
You can definitely use canned pumpkin puree if you don’t feel like making it yourself. Making the puree is not included to the time of baking.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 31.1g
- Sodium: 269mg
- Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 57.1mg
Keywords: pumpkin bread, chocolate chip bread, pumpkin recipe