Chocolate Chili Banana Cookies are very easy to make and they will amaze everyone at the very first bite. When you see the title, you might think that I’ve made a mistake. No I didn’t mean chocolate chip cookies; these cookies really contain chili on their top and this makes my cookies unique. The sweet banana flavor is complemented with a melted chocolate topping. The sweetness stands out more with the hot chili on the top, but be careful with the amount. You should be feeling a slightly hot flavor coming behind the sweetness of banana and chocolate.
These banana cookies are not too sweet, so the chocolate topping is a nice addition. Also these are chewy kind of cookies that you can enjoy with your coffee.
These could have been simple cookies flavored with banana, but I wanted to make something really different. You know there are millions of cookie recipes around the web and sometimes you feel that most of them have a similar taste. These Chocolate Chili Banana Cookies are not even close to the cookies you already know.
This is a perfect cookie recipe that you can use up the ripe bananas in your kitchen. You need 1 cup mashed bananas for this recipe. If you have more bananas than this and if you don’t want to waste them then you can try my yummy Marbled Banana Bread with a chocolate ganache.
Chocolate Chili Banana Cookies are not kid friendly this way. You can just leave out the chili topping and replace them with ground peppermint candies. Both versions will definitely be the winner of any party and everyone will be asking for the recipe.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Chocolate Chili Banana Cookies
Chewy banana cookies topped with melted milk chocolate and chili.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 egg
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and ½ cup teaspoon
- 5 ounce milk chocolate
- 1 teaspoon chili
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Line an oven tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter and mashed banana with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in sugar and vanilla powder and mix well.
- Whisk in the egg and keep mixing.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl and slowly add this mixture into the batter.
- You will have a soft and sticky dough.
- Shape the dough in balls with the help of a teaspoon and place them in the tray.
- Bake them for 17 minutes and remove on a cooling rack.
- For the topping, melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over simmering water.
- Top each cookie with this melted chocolate and sprinkle little chili over each.