This is such an easy recipe that I make these Chicken Skewers very often. It is neither tiring nor time consuming. The only time you need for these Chicken skewers is for marinade. The longer chicken pieces wait in marinade, the more tender and flavorful they get. That’s why I marinate them overnight and cook them when I come from work the following day. You will be impressed when you see how it is easy and quick to make these scrumptious chicken skewers. You will even have time to prepare a fresh salad when they are in oven. This is a much healthier method than frying, and no mess too!
As we love to pair them with roasted peppers, I also roast some red bell peppers. These skewers could also be wonderful party food, I’m sure your guests will love them much.
Tender Chicken Skewers Marinade
What makes these chicken bites tender and juicy is the marinade. So what ingredients do we need for it?
- olive oil
- tomato paste
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- dried thyme
While milk and olive oil help chicken get tender, tomato paste and spices give it an amazing flavor. To have the best result, marinate your chicken in this sauce overnight.
How To Bake Chicken Breast Skewers
The recipe has 6 easy folds.
First, chop chicken breast into cubes.
Second, prepare the marinade. To do this, mix all the ingredients expect chicken cubes in a bowl until everything is combined well. Add chicken cubes into this mixture.
Third, cover it with a plastic wrap and wait it in refrigerator overnight. If you are in a hurry, wait it at least half an hour, but you will get the best result if you wait it at least 8 hours. Chicken cubes will absorb the marinade more, which means they taste much better.
Fourth, prepare the wooden skewers. Wait them in the freezer for 15 minutes so that they won’t burn.
Fifth, thread the chicken cubes on the skewers and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Finally, bake them in a preheated oven at 420F/220C for about 20 minutes. Remove and turn them over so that both sides cook evenly. Bake for another 10 minutes.
What Goes With Chicken Skewers?
Can I Freeze Uncooked Chicken Skewers?
Yes, you can. Thread the chicken cubes on skewers and place them on a plate in a single layer. Freeze them at least for 3 hours. Then put them in a freezer bag and store up to 3 months. When you want to cook them, you need to thaw them first. Remove them from the freezer and wait in the refrigerator overnight and then bake.
Other Chicken Appetizers
- Chicken Kabobs Oven
- Baked Sticky Chicken Wings
- Mexican Fried Chicken Tacos
- Crispy Buffalo Wings Recipe
- Sticky Honey Sesame Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings Cast Iron
- Keto Curry Chicken Salad
Other Dinner Recipes With Chicken
- Chicken Pieces Recipe
- Roast Pumpkin And Chicken
- Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Roast Chicken With Vegetables
- Mediterranean Chicken Wings
- Oven Baked Chicken Legs
- Chicken Tenders In Cast Iron Skillet
- Easy Chicken Chili Recipe
- Chicken With Tomato Sauce Recipe
- Skinny Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Creamy Mustard Chicken
- Chicken With Sauteed Mushrooms
- Sauteed Chicken Recipe
Tasty skewers with marinaded chicken!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 500g chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Chop chicken breast in cubes.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and add chicken cubes into this mixture.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and wait it in refrigerator overnight. If you are in a hurry, wait it at least half an hour, but you will get the best result if you wait it at least 8 hours. Chicken cubes will absorb the marinade more, which means they taste much better.
- Wait wooden skewers in freezer for 15 minutes so that they won’t burn.
- Preheat the oven at 220C.
- Lay a baking sheet on a tray.
- Place 4 or 5 chicken pieces on each skewer and place them on the tray.
- Cook about 20 minutes in oven until golden.
- Then turn them over and let the other side get golden for another 10 minutes. That’s it!
The duration of marinating is not included in the prep time.
Keywords: chicken skewers in oven, baked chicken skewers