Chicken with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Sauce is a delectable yet simple chicken recipe that you can make on weekdays or for your dinner parties.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lbs chicken breast, boneless/skinless, raw
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 and ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and ½ tsp cornstarch
- 4 fl oz chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
- 2 tsp ginger root, fresh
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp sour cream, fat-free
- Cut the chicken into thin cutlets; season both sides with the pepper, ground ginger and salt.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and saute 2 to 3 minutes per side, or just until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken cutlets to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Whisk the cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water; add to the skillet along with the chicken stock, fresh ginger (grated), and mustard.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Pour any chicken juices that have collected on the platter into the sauce and whisk in the sour cream.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Serve with steamed green beans and a mixture of brown and wild rice, if desired.
Keywords: creamy mustard chicken, chicken in creamy mustard sauce