This Chicken With Creamy Mustard Sauce is one of the old traditional boneless chicken recipes but the flavorsome sauce turns it into a unique chicken recipe. Everything is cooked in the same skillet and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Wonderfully juicy and finger lickin’ good with the mustard sauce on it.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Chicken with Creamy Mustard Sauce is a delectable yet simple chicken recipe that you can make on weekdays or for your dinner parties.
I’m telling you, the sauce on the chicken is so good that you will want to use it in other fast chicken recipes too. It can easily make simple roasted chicken pieces and any other quick chicken recipe look like you spend a lot of time and effort on it. So if you need a recipe to impress someone, just try this one! They will continually ask what you put in that super flavorful chicken with creamy mustard sauce. They might guess all the ingredients, but won’t be able to find one. Yes, this recipe has a secret ingredient which balances all the flavors combined and gives a subtle refreshment to the chicken pieces and the sauce. I’m talking about ginger – both powder and fresh, used both to coat the chicken cutlets and in the sauce.
You know if chicken breasts are not cooked in the right way, you end up with dry and tasteless chicken pieces and nobody loves that. So you should know a few tips that you need for all chicken cutlet recipes.
Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise in half to have thinner slices. Place the thin chicken cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them with a mallet or the bottom of a jar to make them even thinner. Season both sides of the cutlets with the spices and cook them in a skillet until golden brown on both sides. Chicken breast is never boring with this method.
What I love about this recipe is that the creamy sauce is cooked in the same skillet. Just transfer the cooked chicken cutlets on a plate and start cooking the sauce in the skillet.
If you are looking for easy, tasty and quick chicken recipes for two, give this chicken with creamy mustard sauce a try! I’m sure it will become your favorite and you will make it whenever you have some guests over for dinner.
For more great recipes, check out myalli.com/recipes-for-youPrint
Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Sauce is a delectable yet simple chicken recipe that you can make on weekdays or for your dinner parties.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lbs chicken breast, boneless/skinless, raw
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ginger, ground
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 and ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and ½ tsp cornstarch
- 4 fl oz chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
- 2 tsp ginger root, fresh
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp sour cream, fat-free
- Cut the chicken into thin cutlets; season both sides with the pepper, ground ginger and salt.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and saute 2 to 3 minutes per side, or just until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken cutlets to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Whisk the cornstarch with ¼ cup cold water; add to the skillet along with the chicken stock, fresh ginger (grated), and mustard.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Pour any chicken juices that have collected on the platter into the sauce and whisk in the sour cream.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Serve with steamed green beans and a mixture of brown and wild rice, if desired.
Keywords: creamy mustard chicken, chicken in creamy mustard sauce