Cheesy Citrusy Brussels Sprouts Pasta is my new favorite pasta recipe. This is a creamy and comforting pasta with caramelized brussels sprouts flavored with orange. Kids will ask for more!
Have you guys ever combined pasta and brussels sprouts? Believe me this is one of the best recipes with these tiny cabbages. Do you still have doubts about this vegetable? My family started to love it when I made Citrus Caramelized Brussels Sprouts about two years ago. It’s a perfect side dish to serve in fall. You need to go check it too!
Get ready to be amazed by the taste of this brussels sprouts pasta that is loaded with cheese, sprouts and o. Fall mode on! If you have never tried any citrus fruit with pasta, believe me you’re missing a lot! Lemony Fettucine Alfredo and Meyer Lemon Fettucine are definitely worth trying.
You can serve this brussels sprouts pasta makes a scrumptious vegetarian dish. And it cooks pretty quickly. Cook pasta as you always do and drain. Cook brussels sprouts in a skillet until tender, squeezing orange over them when they are almost done. Pour milk, heavy cream, parmesan and butter over hot pasta and cook together until it thickens. Combine pasta with brussels sprouts and sprinkle extra cheese over it.
I just cut the sprouts in two because I love to see the tiny layers inside. Don’t you think they look beautiful? You can chop them finely though if you want to hide them in the pasta. They are no different from herbs when they are thinly sliced.
This cheesy citrusy brussels sprouts pasta is for everyone in the family. Make it as a weeknight meal and watch how they are gobbling it up.
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Sign up for the FREE GiveRecipe Newsletter to get the new recipes into your inbox! And stay in touch with us on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Cheesy Brussel Sprouts Pasta
This is a creamy and comforting pasta with caramelized brussels sprouts flavored with orange.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz brussels sprouts, stems removed and halved
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 orange
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup parmesan, plus more for the top
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in halved brussels sprouts. Cook for about 3 minutes and stir. Add in grated garlic, salt and black pepper. Continue cooking until tender. Squeeze half of the orange over sprouts, slice the other half and add them in the skillet. Cook over high heat until the sprouts golden.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the pasta, cook according to directions and drain. Melt butter in the same pot, put the pasta back into the pot. Pour heavy cream, milk, parmesan and salt over it. Cook until it thickens.
- Combine the pasta with the brussels sprouts in the skillet. Sprinkle extra parmesan over it and serve hot.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 483
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 1101.4 mg
- Fat: 21.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.8 g
- Protein: 18.8 g
- Cholesterol: 39.6 mg
Keywords: brussel sprout pasta, pasta with brussel sprouts
I love pasta with brussels sprouts and your version sounds delicious!
Thanks Adina!This is an unexpectedly scrumptious pasta recipe!
this pasta looks so so good! i've never made a pasta with brussels sprouts before so it's definitely something i'd love to try. so so comforting!
Hi Thalia! It is the first time I've combined brussels sprouts and pasta and we LOVE the result. Orange flavor fits perfectly too. Hope you have a chance to try it.