Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies are always loved by everyone. At any occasion! These are the basic sugar cookies coated with brown sugar. The best chewy sugar cookies glittering with brown sugar crystals on the outside.
Sugar cookies have no specific season, they are the favorite of everyone at any time because they are the basic version of several cookies. You can easily turn them to simple brown sugar cookies by adding brown sugar into the dough. I decided to use the brown sugar only as the coating as I wanted to create a color contrast. That’s why I called then Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies. Classic sugar cookies are normally coated with white granulated sugar, so if you want to go classic, just do so.
You don’t need many ingredients to make these brown sugar sugar cookies. I’m sure you already have the ingredients required in your pantry. Chewy on the outside and soft on the inside, these cookies will definitely become your ultimate cookies. Once you try this recipe and see how it’s simple, I’m sure you will start creating new recipes based on this one by adding your favorite things like chocolate chips, berries, cocoa powder, oatmeal or nuts.
Coated with brown sugar, these cookies will absolutely make a difference and easily attract everyone’s attention with the tiny glittering gems on the outside. What’s more, they will fall in love with these cookies once they get a bite and feel the crispiness.
If you occasionally crave for something sweet with your coffee during the day or always want to have something on hand for unexpected guests, try these cookies with golden sparkles. These can be kept in an airtight container up to a week. But believe me your cookie jar will get empty so quickly and you will have to make them again before the week ends.
Make sure you subscribe our YouTube channel for more recipe videos!Print
Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies
Classic sugar cookies coated with glittering brown sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used vanilla aroma by Dr Oetker)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar for coating the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar using a spatula or an electric mixer. Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, sea salt and vanilla.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop cookie dough and roll it into a ball.
- Put brown sugar in a bowl and roll the cookie ball into it, coat it well and place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet spacing about 2 inches apart. Lightly press on each cookie with a tablespoon or something larger. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. Transfer on a cooling wirerack. If they are not as flat as you desire, press on each again when they are still hot.