Blueberry Cheesecake Lighter Version
Blueberry cheesecake with Greek yogurt and cream cheese.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ¾ cups oatmeal biscuits or graham crackers, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 250g low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup extra blueberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F, 175C and grease a 9-inch pan.
- Mix crumbled biscuits, butter and ¼ cup of sugar together until combined well.
- Put it in the pan pressing firmly.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let it cool. Reduce the heat to 325F, 160C.
- When the crust reaches room temperature, wrap the outside of the pan with aluminum foil in two layers. Make sure there is no gap. Place the pan in another pan larger than it. Boil a pot of water and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add the remaining sugar and beat for a minute on medium speed.
- Add Greek yogurt and vanilla and mix well. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula when needed.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix on low speed after each until blended well. Pour onto the crust.
- Place the double pans in the oven and pour the boiling water in the larger pan to make a water bath around the pan with the cheesecake. It should be about 1 inch around it.
- Bake about 1 hour and 30 min until the center is almost set.
- Leave the oven door ajar and let the cheesecake sit there for an hour.
- Take it from the oven and loosen the pan. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile prepare the topping. Put 3 cups blueberries, sugar and ¼ cup water in a pot and bring to boil. Boil it until thickens. Add lemon juice and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes. Let it cool.
- Remove the pan rim and top the cheesecake with the blueberry jam you’ve prepared.
- Garnish with extra blueberries and chill the cheesecake at least for 4 hours before serving.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 40.8 g
- Sodium: 232.4 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.9 g
- Protein: 9.1 g
- Cholesterol: 98.9 mg
Keywords: lighter cheesecake, blueberry cheesecake