Is it unbearably hot there? And are you craving for a yummy dessert, but thinking about pounds you might gain? Here is a super light and yummy yogurt parfait! What is more, the sweet flavor comes from black mulberries, no additional sugar, which is much healthier. This dessert is perfect for people with diabetes too!
I make this light dessert for two of us often to get some freshness in this hot season.
I love the purple color of mulberries, even when it dyes my hands and mouth! And you know this strong color” in fruits has many benefits to health.
Black mulberries are in season here and many people have already made its jam. You can get its recipe here.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups strained yogurt
- 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 200 g black mulberries
- Fresh basil or mint sprigs to garnish
- A few whole mulberries to garnish
- If you don’t have strained yogurt, you can strain your regular yogurt. Put some yogurt in a clean cheese cloth and squeeze gently.
- Mix 1 ½ cup yogurt and mascarpone cheese. Add black mulberries and blend them all until smooth.
- Spoon 2 tbsp plain yogurt in each glass and smooth the surface.
- Share yogurt-mascarpone-berry mixture to each glass.
- Spoon another 2 tbsp plain yogurt on top of each.
- Garnish with extra mulberries and fresh basil or mint sprig.
- Let it cool in refrigerator and serve cold.