Black Bean and Veggie Chili is a hearty vegetarian recipe that we will be in need for the coming chilly days. You can eaily make this heartwarming flavorsome chili when you are back from work and don’t really feel like spending hours in the kitchen.
I’m sure this black bean and veggie chili will become one of the favorites of your family, so you will be making it quite often this fall and winter. Although we are not vegetarian, we love to have meatless meals too, especially when the recipe has already protein. Black beans in this recipe are a good source of protein and high in fiber, which makes these black pearl gems very healthy. We should definitely eat them more often. Looking for recipes to include black beans in your diet? The easiest recipe is probably a quick snack that you can prepare with avocado. Check out our Black Beans and Avocado Toasts to get an idea on how to make an easy yet filling and nutritious lunch with very few ingredients.
If it’s getting chilly outside, you should absolutely prefer a comforting recipe like this Black Bean and Veggie Chili. It is quite filling and loaded with nutritions. I mostly make this chili with beans only; either black or white. But I combined them with corn and zucchini to give it a summer taste. We’re probably having the last products of summer, so why not use them in a chili?
This Black Bean and Veggie Chili takes no longer than 30 minutes after you throw everything into pot. This is already so good and satisfying, so I don’t use any toppings rather than some chopped green onions or cilantro but you can top it with some cheese or cream.
As for the serving part, we love to have these with simple avocado canapes. Spread a little mashed avocado on small bread slices, squeeze lime on it and top with chopepd green onions. You have the best side with your black bean and veggie chili.Print
Black Bean and Veggie Chili
A healthy, hearty yet easy black bean chili with veggies.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and pureed (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, diced (about 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup boiled corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, red bell pepper and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes until onion is golden.
- Add in pureed tomato and garlic and stir. Cook until it starts to thicken and add in diced zucchini. Cook until zucchini gets slightly tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Toss in black beans and corn. Pour over water and lime juice. Season with the spices. Give it a good stir and taste it. Add extra salt and lime if needed.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or so over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Top with green onions, cilantro and or cream when serving.