The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies must be buttery, chewy, soft in the center and crisp at the edges, right? No need to mention the load of chocolate chips. These cookies have all these features, that’s why they are the best! They are perfect for the Cookie Week and any other special occasions for sure. The kids and friends will definitely love you more when you give them a box of these.
I can hear you asking what makes these cookies the best chocolate chip cookies? For one thing, these are wonderfully buttery. You will even adore their smell. Also, with their amazing texture, these are exactly how you think the ultimate chocolate chip cookies should be. They are super chewy and soft. The chocolate chips inside are melting as you bite especially when they are newly baked, a little warm. Heavenly! The edges are slightly crisp, so they have the best combination of flavors and texture ever! What could be better than these?
I placed extra chocolate chips on the cookies when I remove them from the oven and when they are still hot. The chocolate chips on the top won’t dry this way. You will feel in heaven when having these and easily become a cookie monster in no time.
If you are looking for a healthier cookie recipe, check out my Chocolate Chip Yoghurt Cookies, which are butter-free and oil-free. Sometimes we crave for that buttery flavor, don’t we? If you are having that kind of a craving today, nothing can satisfy you better than The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies here.
The most important yet the hardest step of the recipe for these cookies is the 24-hour chilling period. I really hate waiting as much as you do, but trust me it is worth. You will have that super chewy texture when you chill the dough. Otherwise, you won’t have the best result.
More cookie recipes I’d love to try this fall:
Oreo Nutella Cookies on Love Lola
No Bake Pumpkin Cream Chocolate Cookies on My Food and Happiness
Chocolate Truffle Cookies on Let’s Dish
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan) on Teaspoon
Pumpkin Kiss Cookies on Carmel Moments
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Super chewy and soft buttery chocolate chip cookies.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 34 minutes
- Yield: 25 1x
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup extra chocolate chips for topping after the cookies are removed from oven
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and butter.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and slowly fold in the mixture. Stir until everything is just combined.
- Fold in the 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325F (160C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop cookie dough on it with the help of two teaspoons.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place chocolate chips on top of each cookie when they are still hot.