Beef Tenderloin Canapes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 6 strips beef tenderloin
- A pinch of dried thyme
- A pinch of salt
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 red onion, cut in rings
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices bread
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and cook them until they absorb the water they release.
- Transfer them into a bowl.
- Add tomatoes in the same pan, cover it and cook for 5-7 minutes. Don’t overcook them, or they get mushy.
- Heat another cast iron pan. Pour 3 tbsp olive oil in it.
- Place beef strips into pan, sprinkle thyme and salt over them. Cook about 10 minutes turning occassionally. Don’t overcook them, or they get very dry.
- Place onion rings, mushroom, tomato and beef strip on skewers in this order.
- Serve warm on your favorite bread slices.