Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Zucchini chocolate chip muffins sweetened with banana. Perfect recipe to use up over-ripe banana and zucchini.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 14 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- ¼ cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until creamy. Add in mashed banana, olive oil and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Grradually add this to the wet mixture and mix just until combined.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini in your hands, but don’t try to make them completely dry. Fold in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips. Don’t overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin liners, filling them ¾ of the way. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, let them cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin and then place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 59.8mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 26.7mg
Keywords: banana muffins, zucchini recipes, zucchini chocolate chip muffins