Banana Yogurt Pancakes
Banana Yogurt Pancakes packed with sweet banana flavor, so no need for an extra sweetener. Serve these easy banana pancakes with berries for a wonderful start in the morning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons extra oil for coating the skillet
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana using a fork. Add in the egg, yogurt and oil and whisk until smooth. Pour the wet mixture in the dry mixture and stir with a spatula. Don’t overmix.
- Brush the bottom of a non-stick skillet with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Heat it over medium low heat.
- Use an ice cream scoop and drop batter into the skillet. Cook until you see bubbles, about one minute or so.
- Flip them over and cook the other side for another minute. Transfer them on a plate. You can cook 4 or 5 pancakes at a time. Repeat the same for the remaining batter.
- To give them a circular shape, cut the pancakes with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- You can serve these pancakes with banana slices, berries, chocolate and soft boiled egg on the side.
Keywords: banana pancakes, healthy pancakes