Banana Nut Muffins
Moist and easy to make banana nut muffins with kefir and coconut sugar that make great breakfast and afternoon snack.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup kefir
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoon walnuts for topping
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar for topping
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed bananas, coconut sugar and egg well. Add in kefir and oil.
- Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Stir just until combined using a spatula.
- Fold in the crumbled walnuts.
- Share the batter into muffin liners, filling 3/4 of them, and sprinkle extra coconut sugar and walnuts on each. Bake for 15-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with little crumbs.
Keywords: banana muffins, healthy muffins, banana nut muffins