Baked Stuffed Tomatoes with Cheese are one of the best things to make for breakfast when you have the most flavorsome tomatoes in summer. The best complement for scrambled eggs!
I can carve any vegetable or fruit and fill it with some mixture. These baked stuffed tomatoes are only one kind of stuffed vegetables I make often. Who doesn’t love the combination of tomatoes and cheese? We enrich this combination with the flavor of green onion. Fresh mint leaves on baked stuffed tomatoes with cheese give a nice Mediterranean taste to this super easy breakfast food. Fresh mint is always the best garnish for the tomato and cheese couple.
It is better to make any recipe that calls for tomatoes in summer. You know they taste way better then.
You can serve these baked stuffed tomatoes as a main course with a piece of borek (I’ll give the recipe of it
These make amazing side dish and can be served with meat or chicken dishes too. I recommend you to have these hot since the grated cheese on the top will be melting that way. You shouldn’t wait long to serve these, otherwise the cheese won’t be the way you like. I used Turkish kasar cheese, which is the most popular melting cheese here. You can replace it with any melting cheese you like.
I can’t think of a better complement for scrambled eggs!Print
Stuffed Tomatoes with Yellow Cheese Recipe
A perfect side dish with tomatoes stufed with onion, scallion and loads of cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 5
- 5 tomatoes
- ½ small cup white cheese (feta)
- 5 tbsp grated yellow cheese (kasar)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- A pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Cut the heads of tomatoes (don’t throw them away) and remove its inside with a spoon.
- Saute onion and scallions in olive oil. When they change color, stir a little and put it aside.
- Add mashed white cheese, grated yellow cheese, basil, salt and black pepper in the pan and mix.
- Now, place this mixture in the carved tomatoes. Add some more yellow cheese on the top and put the heads back.
- Oil the oven pan and place the stuffed tomatoes in the pan.
- And cook stuffed tomatoes for 30 minutes.
- Garnish it with fresh mint and serve hot.