Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich has become my favorite sandwich these days. I’m not a quick lunch or dinner person, especially on chilly days. I always have time for a heart warming soup or a comforting stew. So I hardly have sandwiches as a meal, but they make perfect snack for me. Sandwich for snack. Isn’t that your type of thing? Do you think it causes gaining extra calories? What if the sandwich is so darn good and healthy at the same time?
You can definitely have this Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich for lunch because it’s satisfying too. Unlike high-calorie sandwiches with a lot of mayonnaise, this one has nothing but three healthy ingredients and spices. Believe me you will love the combination of avocado, chickpea and lime. A fantastic vegetarian sandwich!
I love to use avocado in sandwiches and one of our favorites is Avocado and Tuna Sandwich, which makes a nutritious lunch or snack. I wanted to go vegetarian this time so made this super yummy Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich. I’ve already combined these two before to make a wonderful Avocado and Chickpea Salad so I knew this sandwich would be tasty too. I didn’t roast the chickpeas this time though. I just used boiled chickpeas, much quicker and easier.
I removed the skin of chickpeas and mashed them roughly using the bottom of a jar. If you don’t have much time, you can use them with their skin. Then I spiced them with cumin, chili and salt. Finally I drizzled a little olive oil over them and stir with a spoon. I suggest tasting it at this step. You will see it is already great.
Nothing could be easier than preparing the avocado spread. Just scoop the flesh of a ripe avocado and mash it with a fork. Add salt and squeeze lime in it. It’s ready. Now you can spread a generous amount of mashed avocado on a bread slice and top with the spicy chickpeas. Your Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich is ready. Enjoy!
Other Sandwich Recipes You Might Like
- Turkey Avocado Salad Sandwich
- Sandwiches With Feta Cheese
- French Toasted Sandwich
- Healthy Boiled Egg Sandwich
- Baby Spinach Sandwich
More healthy sandwich recipes I’d love to try:
- Vegan Green Goddess Griller on Neurotic Mommy
- Smoked Salmon Salad Sandwich on Julie’s Jazz
- Caramelized Onions, Mushroom and Avocado Quesadillas on Maya Kitchenette
- Chunky Guacamole Toastie on The Cooking Doctor
- Turkey Zucchini Burgers with Avocado and Pesto on Gringalicious
- Mini Shrimp Guacamole Sandwich on Omnivores Cookbook
Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich
A perfect vegetarian sandwich recipe with mashed avocado and spicy chickpeas.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion for garnish
- Sandwich bread
- Mash the avocado, sprinkle salt, add in lime juice and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mash the boiled chickpeas roughly. Remove their skin beforehand if you like. Spice with cumin, chili and salt. Drizzle olive oil and mix.
- Spread the avocado mixture on a bread slice. Top with the chickpea mixture, garnish with green onion and serve.
Keywords: chickpea sandwich, vegan sandwich