Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting can turn an ordinary fall day into a party like event. These are flavoured with a little ginger, loaded with chunks of tangy green apples and topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting and lovely sprinkles.
Did I tell you before how much I love sprinkles? They make everything even more beautiful. Grab one or two or more of these very apple-y cupcakes, take a blanket and lie down on the coach to watch your favourite movie. Make sure you have your coffee on the coffee table next to you. Now this is happiness.
Ginger flavored Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are very moist thanks to the apple chunks inside. I diced them in small pieces rather than grating, so these are like packed with apple. You will feel in heaven if you love apple as much as I do. These are as fun and fall-ish as Pumpkin Puree Cake Recipe. Maybe I should try something containing both pumpkin and apple next time to satisfy my baking obsession in fall.
It seems that I love to celebrate the coming season with cupcakes. I remember that I made Chocolate Banana Zucchini Cupcakes in June when fresh summer zucchini started to take its place at the market. Now it’s time for a cupcake that matches the current season and apple is a perfect choice for now as we can find fresh tart apples at the market these days.
Whole wheat Low Sugar Apple Muffins are one of my favorites, but this time I wanted to make something festive. We sometimes need to leave our health concerns, right? Especially when the whole family is feeling sick due to the chilly air outside. These Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting can make you feel much better once you have the first bite!
Other Apple Dessert Recipes You Might Like
More apple desserts I’d love to try:
Apple Crumb Coffee Cake on Neighbor Food
French Apple Tartlets on Taming of the Spoon
Cinnamon Apple Scones on Broma Bakery
Caramel Apple Cake on Elephants and the Coconut Trees
Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Apple cupcakes flavored with ginger, loaded with apple chunks and topped with cream cheese frosting.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder or extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apples, finely diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, I used mascarpone
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and combine.
- Pour in milk and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, vanilla powder, baking powder, ginger powder and salt. Slowly add this mixture into the wet ingredients and stir just until everything is combined. Don’t overdo it.
- Then fold in the finely diced apples.
- Share the batter into cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes.
- For the frosting, mix sugar, vanilla and cheese and chill for a but 15 minutes.
- Top the cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles and serve.