- If you keep greens like parsley, dill or mint in a vase or jar filled with water (just like flowers), they will stay fresh longer.
- If a dish you make is salty, add a peeled potato in it and boil for a few minutes. This potato will absorb excessive salt, you can take it out before serving and you can use it in a salad.
- To prevent overflowing of milk when boiling, brush the edges of the pot with a little oil beforehand.
- To remove onion or galic scent from hands, rub your hands with boiled potato.
- If you don’t want to combine egg white and yolk in the pan, break it right after you take it from refrigerator.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt into the water you will use for boiling eggs. This will prevent egg from cracking.
- Don’t waste the water you use for boiling eggs. You can pour it into your flowerpots. Flowers love it!
- To clean the stove when a dish overflows, sprinkle salt on it and wait until cold. Then the stain will easily be removed.
- Wait potatoes in some milk before frying, so they will absorb less oil.
- Add onion, carrot or leek into the water you will use for boiling pasta. This makes your pasta more delicious.
- Add a few drops of vinegar into the water you use for boiling vegetables so that they keep their color.
- After boiling vegetables like broccoli or carrot, transfer them into very cold water so that they keep their color.
- To store the half cut lemon in refrigerator, sprinkle a pinch of salt on it.
Apply these kitchen tips and your life in your kitchen will be easier.
(image taken from deviantart)