These Chocolate Covered Orange slices are so amazing that you can impress anyone with them! You don’t always have to make fancy desserts like a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache for special occasions. You can sometimes go as simple as these orange treats and still be admired. Just candy some orange slices and dip them into chocolate. Simple yet seriously tempting, isn’t it worth trying?
We love the combination of chocolate and orange, so do our guests especially after they tasted these Orange Chocolate Brownies and Cognac Chocolate Truffles. We mostly use orange to give a citrus flavor to any chocolate dessert, but this time we made a difference. Orange itself plays the main role in this recipe and its performance is extremely impressive! Nobody can resist these sweet, juicy, a bit tangy, very slightly bitter chocolate covered orange slices!
I saw these Chocolate Covered Orange Peel and Chocolate Covered Orange Slices without peel and decided to try something like a combination of these two. I just didn’t want to separate the skin from the fruit as I love them together. I sometimes eat oranges as they are, no peeling. Just slice them thin and enjoy! These are like the icing on the cake when dipped into chocolate!
I recommend you to use thin skinned oranges for this recipe since we leave them on the fruit. They might be unwantedly bitter if you use thick ones. I’m not an orange expert and I’m not familiar with the English names of orange types, either but I made a quick research and I think Valencia Oranges are great for this recipe.
If you decide to make these chocolate coverd orange slices, you should start making them in the evening since the candied orange slices are best when waited overnight. You may not wait for several hours without testing, testing and retesting the candied slices if you don’t sleep, that’s why I suggest making these in the evening or late at night.
Candying orange slices is such an easy step, don’t worry. The hardest step is waiting. Then again you simply dip the candies slices into chocolate and chill them for an hour. You can store these in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Believe me these chocolate covered orange slices make wonderful sweet treats! So who do you want to impress? Your colleagues? Your friends? Your kids? Your partner on the Valentine's Day? Make these and thank me later!Print
Chocolate Covered Orange
Fancy candied orange slices dipped into chocolate.
- Prep Time: 7 hours 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 25 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 80g dark chocolate
- Slice oranges thinly with their peel on.
- Mix water and sugar until the sugar dissolves and bring it to boil.
- Toss in orange slices when it boils, reduce the heat to the lowest.
- Cover the pot with baking paper so that it gets enough air.
- Let them cook for 1 hour and 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the slices onto baking paper with a slotted spoon an wait for 6 hours or overnight until they dry and get tacky.
- Melt chocolate in a glass over boiling water.
- Let it cool down and dip prange slices into it.
- Transfer them on a baking paper and chill for an hour.
Keywords: chocolate oranges, chocolate covered oranges, chocolate covered orange slices