Since I hate wasting food, I always try to find a way to use up the leftovers. After making Scrambled Eggs with Avocado for breakfast, one ripe avocado left and I used it to make the healthiest and the creamiest pasta in my life. Vegan Creamy Avocado Pasta has already become one of my favorite pasta dishes. It might not look pretty for some of you, but I do love that greenish color.
I don’t remember the number of avocado recipes on Give Recipe although it’s not a well-known food in Turkey. I love trying new recipes with it and I’m amazed with the result every time when I use it. I think knowing that it is a very healthy ingredient encourages me to use it that often. And if you love avocado as much as we do, you will fall in love with this creamy avocado pasta.
Don’t you think it’s great that you have a creamy pasta witout heavy cream or sour cream? This pasta is much healthier than those with the creams because avocado naturally has the healthy oils. I can have this guilt-free pasta every day and my tastebuds will never complain about this!
You can definitely make this creamy avocado pasta plain, with no additional ingredients, and that’s how we mostly make it. But sometimes I like making some twists on it. This time I used freshly chopped parsley, a little thinly grated zucchini and chopped red bell pepers to give it a vibrant color. If your zucchini is large and you can make Feta Zucchini Fritters with the leftovers.
This is a rich and creamy vegan pasta with some freshness, so it could be served as pasta salad as well. I love mine warm and add the other raw veggies right before serving. Did I tell you this pasta has no butter? I love butter in other pasta dishes, but believe me you don’t need it in this recipe.
I used regular pasta for this Creamy Avocado Pasta, but you can make it with gluten-free pasta too. I’m sure the creamy avocado sauce will make it as tasty.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons grated zucchini
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add in two drops of olive oil so that the pasta doesn’t stick one another. Drain leaving a little water in the pot.
- Add in spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce by combining avocado, lemon juice, olive oil and salt in a food processor. Run the processor until smooth and creamy.
- Combine the pasta with avocado sauce in the pot.
- Serve with thinly grated zucchini and chopped red bell pepper.