I know Spring is about to end and Summer is approaching, which means soup may not be a dish many people look forward to have to warm their stomach. I know many people prefer fresher dishes, but I have to share this unique soup with you. If you are following this blog for a while, you know the post about health benefits of stinging nettle. I bought a bunch from local bazaar and got this recipe from mom II. I was amazed with the result as I must admit I didn’t expect it to be that yummy. If you are aware of health benefits of this herb and looking for new ideas to use it in your dishes, try this soup.
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- ½ tbsp flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp bulgur
- 2 tbsp boiled chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ bunch of stinging nettle
- salt to taste
- Boil stinging nettle, strain and mash it.
- You will have 2 tbsp stinging nettle when mashed.
- Mix yogurt and flour, pour water and olive oil and mix.
- Pour it into a pot.
- Add bulgur and boil, stirring continually.
- Add salt, mashed stinging nettle and boiled chickpeas into this as a final step and it’s done!
- Serve hot.