These Snowball Sprinkle Cookies are made to celebrate the 5th blogoversary of Give Recipe! I can’t believe that I’ve been sharing my culinary experience with you here for 5 years now! It’s like yesterday I was learning how to manage a blog from my husband Yusuf. I’d love to thank him here for his patience those days! Also, he is the one who remembers our blogoversary and suggested making these sprinkle cookies as a gift to our blog, which has become like our first child. Please join our celebration!
Give Recipe has become a teamwork for us through time. Yusuf is the designer, photographer, food stylist, tester and the person who suggests what to cook or bake. I am the writer and cook behind this blog. We have learnt many things about blogging, food styling and food photography since we started our blog in 2009. We are still learning and have a lot to learn; you know it never ends if you love what you are doing.
Celebrations require something sweet, right? Cookies are always great for special occasions and you can make them look even more special with a little trick. I think you need to be colorful if you are planning to celebrate an anniversary, so sprinkle cookies make a wonderful treat for our blogoversary!
These snowball sprinkle cookies are soft and buttery and go perfect with coffee or well brewed Turkish black tea. What’s more, these are easy cookies and you never fail! You don’t need to chill the dough, just combine all the ingredients and roll it into mini balls and bake for 10 minutes. Ready just in 20 minutes! You can keep these sprinkle cookies in an air tight container for a week!
Make sure butter and eggs are at room temperature!
Serves 63 cookies
Soft and buttery snowball cookies
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
- 145g butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer until smooth.
- Add 2 eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and then add into the mixture a little at a time. Mix with a spatula.
- Fold in the sprinkles and mix with your hand. The dough will be thick and non sticky.
- Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Make mini balls from the cookie dough, gently flatten them in your hands and roll them into sprinkles.
- Place them on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave them on the oven tray for 5 more minutes after taking from oven so that they continue baking.
- Transfer them on a wirerack and let them cold.