Milkshake is one of those drinks we start to crave for when it’s getting hotter out. Pure water is always the best drink to remove your thirst, and nothing else can substitute it! It’s more like a need though, not a kind of pleasure. Nobody craves for water, it’s a drink of necessity. On the other hand, there are certain delightful drinks for summer and they make us feel refreshed and we need them too!
Unlike most people I never prefer coke to feel refreshed. The best summer drinks for Turkish people are Ayran and fresh homemade lemonade. These are definitely healthier, safer and more refreshing, so why drink something that can’t be even made at home?
Although it’s not special to Turkish cuisine, milkshake has become another choice for many people here. You can find various kinds of milkshake at cafes in summer. I guess the most popular ones are banana milkshake and strawberry milkshake; some even serve it mixed. A drink that contains ice cream can never go wrong, right?
As a person who likes making things at home, homemade milkshake was a must try drink for me. I wanted to flavor it with strawberries since the strawberries of this time of year are a lot sweeter.
Topping it with chocolate may not be something usual, but I like the combination of chocolate and berries, and the result was so good!
- ¾ cup strawberries, hulled
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 dollops strawberry ice cream
- 3 dollops chocolate ice cream
- Sprinkles and fresh mint to garnish
- Put strawberries, sugar, milk in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add strawberry ice cream and mix with a spoon.
- Pour it into glasses.
- Put into freezer and chill for 10 minutes.
- Put one dollop of chocolate ice cream on each.
- Garnish with sprinkles and fresh mint and serve.