Zucchini may not be on top of your list when preparing lunch or dinner. It wasn’t on ours, either. Do you remember the first zucchini dish we loved? It was Cheese on Board, one of the first post I wrote when I started this blog. We started to have zucchini more often with that recipe. And this one is yet another great zucchini dish (learnt from mom). It is unbelievably tasty! The spices or very thin slices may have a great role on its taste. Maybe it is the yogurt sauce on the top. I don’t exactly understand how it turned out to be a favorite dish of us, but I am so happy that we’ve discovered another great way to have this healthy vegetable. You know it contains fiber, which is very important for digestion. Besides, zucchini contains potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, sodium and iron. Doctors advice zucchini to those trying to lose weight as it is very low in calories. It is also recommended to new moms as it increases the amount of their milk, which is great for their newly born babies. As you see, its benefits are countless. So why don’t you cook this zucchini dish for your next meal?
A very light summer dish with zucchini.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 3 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp pepper paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ground black pepper
- little chili
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- Heat olive oil and saute onions until golden. Add pepper paste and stir.
- Toss very thinly sliced zucchini and stir occasionally.
- Cover the pot and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then add tomato, garlic and salt.
- Season it with spices and stir. Cover it and cook for about 20 minutes over low heat.
- Mix yogurt and garlic for the sauce and serve this sauteed zucchini drizzled with garlicky yogurt.
- You can have this both as a side dish and as a main course.