Roasted Chicken Recipe For Winter
It’s been snowy for more than two weeks, which makes us crave for soup and oven dishes more. Oh and of course for green tea, sage tea and salep! When it first snew this year, we rushed out even it was night time to feel the star shape snow on our face after a long summer and fall time.
We couldn’t wait more for playing snowball. It wasn’t only two of us who were joyous because of snow. Lots of people were out enjoying themselves with snow, they were playing snowball, making snowman, walking and even lying on snow.
We have already got used to living with snow and it’s not very likely to see people outside playing with snow these days. People are trying to escape from snow anow and they are rushing into their homes to have a cup of hot drink. It looks like they are bored of snow and they start to wait for sunny spring days! This is human nature, isn’t it?
This roasted chicken and veggies was made on such a snowy weekend. We love to cook inside when it’s rainy or snowy outside! This fantastic dish came out with what we had in the refrigerator. We had it with a large bowl of green salad.
We mainly use potatoes and carrots, but you can replace these veggies with what you like.
15 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 6 chicken tighs, skin removed
- 2 potatoes, sliced in half moon
- 2 carrots, cut lengthwise and sliced
- 4 green peppers, two of them sliced, two are left whole
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tomato, cut in rings
- ½ tbsp pepper paste
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp extra olive oil for the final step
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp flax seed
- Put chicken tighs and all vegetables except tomato and two green peppers in a large bowl.
- Dissolve pepper paste with water in a bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp olive oil, salt, spices and flax seed in it.
- Pour the mixture on chicken and vegetables.
- Rub them with your hand to coat each of them with the liquid mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Transfer first chicken tighs into a baking dish. (Mine is a gift from Dilek, my sister-in-law. Would love to thank her from here!)
- Then add vegetables on tighs and pour any remained sauce over them.
- Place tomato rings and two whole green peppers on the top randomly.
- And drizzle ½ tbsp olive oil on them. Cover it with the lid or aluminium foil.
- Roast them in oven for 50 minutes. Enjoy!