Are you planning to go on a diet and lose weight before summer and are you looking for a recipe for a healthy snack that will not break your diet? This Cucumber Salad is just perfect for you! It’s not a boring diet food, on the contrary it has such a great combination of fresh flavors that you will be addicted!
You can eat this very refreshing cucumber salad as much as you want since it contains almost no calories. This will become your favorite type of salad in warm weathers even if you don’t need to lose weight as it tastes really good! This is one of those great guilt-free foods, son o worries at all when munching on this salad.
I think cucumber itself is a great snack and I love to eat it every now and then when it’s in season. It’s like my ultimate snack besides apple and dried fig. The only negative thing about cucuber could be the noise it makes in your mouth. Other than that it has many benefits and you can use it in many ways. As Turkish people our favorite cucumber dish is cacik, which is another super refreshing treat with yogurt.
This tangy cucumber salad is my creation. What foods would you use to combine with this low-calorie food to make it even more tasty and more summery? Nothing could match better than lemon and fresh mint! I have one more addition though to give it a slightly sweet taste.
The subtle flavor of cloves will be a wonderful bonus especially when you reach the bottom of the salad. Just grab a spoon and enjoy the juice accumulating there! You will feel the combined flavor better.
Thinly sliced cucumbers combined with lemon, fresh mint and cloves. Serve it with ice!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 lemon
- 4 cucumbers, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 10 mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Ice cubes for serving
- Squeeze half of the lemon in a small bowl.
- Thinly slice the other half with its zest on.
- In a medium sized bowl, gently toss together the thinly sliced cucumbers, sliced lemon, mint leaves and cloves with lemon juice and salt.
- Cover ice cubes with a clean towel and break them with a hammer. That’s how I do it.
- Serve the salad immediately with ice pieces.