Do you like storing foods for Winter? One of my favorite veggies to store for Winter is pea. We have already bought, shelled, put lots of peas in freezer in plastic bags. However, I couldn’t wait for cold months to use up one of the bags. I use peas to make a heartwarming dish with meat or chicken pieces in Winter, but I love it cold in Summer. As it seems we are going to wait for yellow leaves and light breezes for some more days, I thought this cold pea with potato would make a perfect side dish when served with Chicken Fillets. This is also a great vegetarian dish.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- Half lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat and saute onion and red bell pepper.
- Add potatoes and stir for a few minutes. Add a little water if necessary.
- Add peas and hot water. Increase heat and bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, add salt and black pepper; cover the pot and cook for about 20 minutes until patotoes and peas tender. Set aside to cool.
- Mix lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil, pour it over the dish. Garnish it with fresh dill and serve.