These Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies are loaded with chocolate chunks and topped with marshmallow. These will satisfy your cookie monster inside you!
What is happiness for you? It doesn’t have to be a big one, you know small things are sometimes enough to make our day. These Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies are one of those small things and you will be on cloud nine if you have a cup of coffee and one or two or more of these cookies in the morning!
A good chocolate cookie must have chocolate inside, the ones with cocoa powder only are not enough to make someone happy. If they have extra chocolate chunks on their top, it’s for sure that you will be so delighted and when you see the snow like pieces of marshmallow on your cookie, your joy will double! My chewy chocolate m&m cookies might have the same effect on you with the colorful m&m on the top!
Marshmallow has something that reminds me of my childhood, and this is another thing that makes me happy when doing something with it. Well, these marshmallow chocolate cookies are my first experience with marshmallow indeed, but they will not be the last! I couldn’t find mini marshmallows at the market, so I cut them into small pieces. I enjoyed making these so much! I can even try making my own marshmallow one day. Why not? If you know a good recipe for homemade marshmallow, please share it at the comments section.
These are chewy cookies and you feel an amazing chocolate flavor at your first bite. Marshmallow cubes might stretch as you are eating and it’s another fancy part of these marshmallow chocolate cookies.
Are you one of those who love dipping biscuits or cookies into your tea or coffee? It’s something childish as well, but who cares? They become the perfect couple that way! Let’s unify the lovers and dip our cookies into our favorite drink! Just ignore what others think about you even if you cause a mess doing that!
I was quite amazed at how easy to make these cookies. They made 30 cookies and I took some to work. My colleagues LOVED it and they said that these were just like the store bought ones, even better. One of them has been continually asking whether I posted the recipe, so I didn’t want to make her wait any longer and decided to share it today.
Don’t you think these make perfect Valentine’s treat too?
Serves 30 cookies
Chocolate cookies topped with marshmallow and extra chocolate chunks.
- 100g dark chocolate
- 75g butter
- 1 and ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 and ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 25g marshmallow
- 20g dark chocolate
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over boiling water and let it cool.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add in beaten egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, add baking powder and salt. Mix them.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix with a spatula until combined well s that it won’t stick to your hands.
- Chill it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough and place them in the tray.
- Place chocolate chunks and marshmallow pieces on the cookie balls and bake for 12 minutes.
- Transfer them on a wire rack with the baking paper, they will be too soft to touch, sol et them cool completely.
- You can store these in an airtight container up to a week.