Did you know that one of the reasons of gaining weight is unbalanced blood sugar? Sudden changes in blood sugar level causes fat around abdominal region of our body and we get fatter. The worst part is that the fat around our tummy may become permanent and might cause some more serious health problems. That’s why we have to keep it at a balanced level. This can help us keep fit and avoid gaining weight. So we have to take precautions! For one thing, we have to avoid staying hungry for long hours, which leads to low blood sugar. Next, we should never eat like crazy after starving for hours, which leads to a sudden high blood sugar.
Here are some more tips for balanced blood sugar:
- Make sure you have enough protein in a day.
- Always eat yogurt at your meals except breakfast.
- Prefer whole wheat flour products, not white ones.
- Eat some healthy snacks between meals.
- Have milk or yogurt with fruit between meals.
- Do not overeat biscuits, chocolate or crackers even if they are in low calories.
- Prefer eating nuts raw, not roasted.
- Make sure you have green salad with meat, chicken or fish.
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on your salad.
- Drink milk or yogurt at night not to get hungry before morning.
All these tips help us not to starve. You see we always have to care our body and feed it to provide the energy it needs. We can keep our blood sugar balanced this way and get healthier! It’s not that hard! You can even take your healthy snacks to work in your bag. An apple and some nuts don’t make your bag heavier, do they?