Hazelnut Triple Chocolate Cake is the ultimate cake that you can make for the most special days. So chocolatey and moist yet surprisingly easy to make.
This is an easy to bake chocolate cake that nobody can resist. I know the feeling when you have some important guests and you don’t know what dessert to make for them. This simple yet elegant looking cake always helps me in such cases. It is as impressive as very moist Double Chocolate Beet Cake, but much less tiring because you don’t need to do anything beforehand.
A triple chocolate layer cake might be considered as a better fit for celebrations and it can make you feel like a professional cake chef, but you can have the same effect with less work.
You can decorate your hazelnut triple chocolate cake according to your taste, but I suggest using some flowers as I did to give it a bakery style look. Chocolate is already spoiling on its own but believe me your guests will feel even more special when they see some nice flowers on your hazelnut triple chocolate cake.
If you are allergic to nuts, you can definitely leave them out. Personally, I love the chocolate and hazelnuts combination so I used chopped hazelnuts both inside and on the top of the cake.
We can’t think of a chocolate cake without a chocolate ganache if we want to make it look special, right? I was pretty sure we had heavy cream in the refrigerator to make the ganache, but when I removed the cake from oven, put it on a cooling rack and opened the refrigerator to get the cream, the only dairy products looking at me were butter and milk. I was too tired to go to the market, so I needed to find a solution. Luckily, Ali of Gimmesomeoven had solved it much earlier than me when she experienced something similar. So for her amazing looking Greek Yogurt Chocolate Cake, she made the chocolate glaze using butter, milk and chocolate chips.
You will want to make this hazelnut triple chocolate cake over and over again as it will always be the star of any occasion.
The ultimate cake that you can make for the most special days. So chocolatey and moist!
20 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 and ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and using butter, grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch round cake pan. Line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs and Greek yogurt and beat again. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and roughly chopped hazelnuts. You will end up with a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Spread evenly with a spatula. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the cake from the pan. Let the cake cool completely.
- To make the chocolate glaze; combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and let cool and thicken for 5-10 minutes (or until the glaze reaches your desired consistency). Then drizzle over the chocolate cake.
- Wait for about 30 minutes so that the chocolate glaze sets. then decorate the cake with extra hazelnuts and flowers.
Cooling time is not included. You can bake the cake in a bundt cake pan as well.