Pineapple is luscious on its own, but there is a way I know to make it even more inviting. You will definitely agree with me when you try Grilled Pinapple with Ice Cream topped with ground pistachio. You know I don’t have a culinary education, but you can trust my tasting skills. You will be amazed with the easiness of this very tasty dessert. If you are looking for a quick and simple treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, try grilling pineapple slices and serve it with some ice cream.
Slice pineapples in triangles and brush them with a mixture of honey, lemon juice and olive oil. Grill over a gas grill or in a cast iron skillet and the easiest dessert of your life will be ready in less than 5 minutes! When they reach at room temperature, chill them for a while in refrigerator and serve with ice cream, preferably with Turkish traditional ice cream.
The most favorite ice cream in Turkey is called ‘plain’ ice cream (sade dondurma) as it doesn’t contain any fruit or other additional flavors. It’s almost like a tradition to order baklava and kadayif with sade dondurma in summer. I thought it would perfectly complement grilled pineapple. I’m going to share the recipe for Turkish ice cream very soon, so stay tuned!
If you can’t find Turkish ice cream or don’t have any idea what I’m talking about, just serve grilled pineapple slices with vanilla ice cream. It matches wonderfully as well. If you want something even lighter, just serve it with yogurt as in The Dabble’s Grilled Pineapple with Honey, Pistachios and Yogurt.
I wanted to add some more Turkish touch on this grilled pineapple, which is not a Turkish treat at all. I used ground pistachio. I’m pretty sure that this would have been a wonderful ending to a dinner party if I had people when I made it yesterday.
If you love pineapple and are into a simple yet tasty desserts that you can make in no time, you should give this Grilled Pineapple with Ice Cream a try!
A very simple yet tasty pineapple dessert that you can make in no time!
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 4 dollops ice cream
- 1 teaspoon ground pistachio
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- Combine honey, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- Slice pinapples in triangles and coat them with the honey sauce dipping each into the sauce.
- Lightly brush a cast iron skillet and heat it.
- Grill the pinapple slices until tender and golden, about 3-5 minutes on each side. You can drizzle over a little extra sauce when grilling.
- Take them on a plate and when they reach room temperature, chill for half an hour.
- Put ice cream and pineapple slices on a plate and top with ground pistachio.
- Drizzle over caramel sauce and serve.