Who doesn’t like small portions of food to snack on? They are easy to eat as you don’t generally need any cutlery, just two fingers are enough, which at the same time makes them fun! Bruchetta or canapé –as we call it in Turkish is a great food to have at breakfast or to start you lunch or dinner. It is also a wonderful party food, isn’t it? You can serve it at ceremonies like weddings, too. It is like a saver food, which you can serve at any occasion. What is more, you are free to create your own topping. Top it with just what you have in your pantry. I used green olives this time as topping.
I love green olives more than black ones, maybe because they are preserved by mom. We generally have them in form of salad for breakfast (Green Olive Salad). Believe me it is so appetizing and helps you wake up. This bruchetta recipe just came to my mind when I was preparing breakfast at the weekend. I thought combining seperate breakfast foods on top of crispy bread slices would be perfect. Fortunately, I wasn’t wrong. This has become another favorite recipe of us with green olives since then.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 loaf of your favorite bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for drizzling over bread slices
- 1 cup pitted green olives, mashed
- ¼ cup of feta
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- ¼ bunch fresh dill, chopped
- Heat oven at 180C.
- Cut the bread in slices. Drizzle olive oil over slices and place them in an oven tray.
- Cook them for about 15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Mix rest of the ingredients and share it on each slice.
- Serve when bread slices are still warm.
- They are quite fine when cold, too but I prefer warm.