Green bean is on top of our shopping list in Summer. It is the same for everyone in Turkey as green bean is one of the best signs of summer. There is the option of canned ones in Winter, but they absolutely lack flavor and we don’t prefer them. We are patient enough to wait for 6 or 7 months to eat real beans. When it is finally Summer, we happily use it in various forms. I shared 2 different recipes with green beans before: Green Breans and Green Beans With Corn, which are generally served warm as a main dish with pilaf. This time I’m sharing green bean salad, which could be a light and tasty lunch or a refreshing side dish accompanying a meat or chicken dish.
This is another favorite green bean recipe of us. How do you enjoy yours?
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 250 g green beans, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced in half moon
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp boiled corn
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sumac
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp feta, crumbled
- Boil green beans until tender and transfer them into cold water so that they stop cooking and keep their color.
- Wait them in cold water for some minutes and drain. Put them in a bowl.
- Toss in onion, red bell pepper, corn and fresh dill. Add salt, sumac and lemon juice, mix.
- Drizzle olive oil on the salad and top it with feta.
- Serve it cold.