Chocolate Banana Zucchini Cupcakes
Serves: 12 cupcakes
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 and ½ cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated and squeezed zucchini
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate frosting:
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 200g powdered sugar
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Whisk sugar, egg and vanilla well.
- Add in mashed banana and mix well.
- Pour olive oil and milk. Whisk.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl and add this mixture to the wet mixture. Mix well with a spatula.
- Fold in grated zucchini and chocolate chips and stir.
- Share into the muffin liners.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let them cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water and let it cool.
- Whisk sugar and butter very well on high speed for about 5 minutes.
- Pour melted chocolate in it and mix well.
- Pipe frosting over the cupcakes once they are cooled and garnish with sprinkles.
Recipe by Give Recipe at http://www.giverecipe.com/chocolate-banana-zucchini-cupcakes.html