Spinach And Cheese Borek
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp yogurt water, optional
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300g spinach, chopped
- 1 cup your favorite cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Put flour, salt and yogurt water in a large bowl.
- Add water little by little and mix. Knead it until it is not sticky.
- Add extra flour or water to get this result.
- Divide them into balls as small as mandarine and cover them with a wet clean piece of cloth.
- Dust the counter with a little flour. Roll one of the balls out until thin.
- Put some filling on one side of it and fold.
- Seal it with your fingers to stick the edges and cut the excessive part.
- See step by step pictures here.
- Repeat until dough balls finish.
- Heat a non stick pan and cook bukmes in it, one side for 30 seconds. Flip it over and cook the other side about 30 seconds. Flip it over two more times. Wait shorter this time. It’s done!
- Repeat this for each bukme.
- Don’t wait it in the pan very long, otherwise it gets too crunchy.
Recipe by Give Recipe at http://www.giverecipe.com/spinach-and-cheese-borek.html