Although Autumn has already welcomed us here, it’s still so hot and we still prefer having light dishes for lunch. Do you remember piyaz, a very common bean salad here? I wanted to try a similar one with chickpeas today, with an addition. I’m sure you all love hummus. What makes this dip that delicious? For me, it’s the combination of chickpeas and tahini. So I decided to prepare a dressing with tahini for this chickpea salad. And the reasult was perfect!
You can have this salad as it is or with some roasted vegetables.
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh mint, chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
- Half lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- A pinch of salt
- Put chickpeas and chopped tomato, onion and greens in a bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- For dressing, mix all ingredients in a cup. Pour it on your salad and serve.