See how these Chewy M&M Cookies are so cute? I saw them in my dream the other day exactly this way and I already planned to make these at breakfast yesterday! I was so inspired by my dream that my last words before leaving home for work were “I’m going to make rainbow cookies tonight!” Do you know that feeling?
I don’t know if I was inspired by Jessica’s Giant Rainbow Cookies! Her cookies are amazing, check it out!
Well, we call these mini colored candies bonibon in Turkish, which is the name of a brand. However, when I searched for these candies, I saw that the most famous brand abroad is M&M, so I will call them with that name in this post.
I didn’t have an exact recipe this time, and I had these in my mind all day trying to decide what ingredients to use. I was sure about the candies though! I would use chocolate for sure! Mini rainbow like candies were in great harmony with the color of chocolate in my dream.
I was like counting the hours until I came back home! I could almost feel the smell of cookies when baking. M&M Cookies in my dreams, feeling their smell even before baking, are these because of my pregnancy?
Anyway, I checked my pantry and saw some bars of chocolate, but I thought these wouldn’t be enough for the flavor I was looking for, so why not add some nutella too?
I put all ingredients on the counter and I was ready! Almost! I thought how I would top my Chocolate M&M Cookies with bead like m&m candies all the way home, but I realized that I forgot to buy them! It was raining heavily outside, but nothing could stop me from going and buying my precious mini m&ms!
I was so curious about the result, so it was really hard to wait for 15 minutes after I put them in oven!
I had to wait 15 minutes more after taking them out so that they can get cool enough to taste. I closed my eyes after finally I got the first bite and it was even better than the ones in my dream! It was gooey and chewy enough and the flavor of chocolate was just perfect! M&Ms on the top made my cookies more cute, and they brought back some lovely childhood memories! I think these M&M Cookies will be my second favorite after these fig and walnut cookies!
I made about 100 cookies with these ingredients and I decided to take most of them to my colleagues at school. I guess they loved these Chewy Chocolate M&M Cookies as much as I did since they wanted the second!
These cookies are perfect to dip into milk! Can’t think of any better combination!
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 30g milk chocolate
- 80g nutella
- 120g butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup m&ms
- Preheat oven at 165C.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- Melt chocolate, nutella and butter in a bain marie or boil a water in a pot and place this bowl on it so that chocolate melts.
- Let it cool.
- Mix sugar, eggs and vanilla with a mixer in a large bowl until combined well.
- Add in chocolate mixture and mix.
- Add flour mixture into the bowl and mix with a spatula.
- Place baking sheets in oven trays.
- Drop dough onto baking sheets by ½ tsp leaving about 1 ½ inches space between each.
- Place m&ms on each.
- Bake them until they are flattened, 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for 3 minutes as they will be still soft.
- You can place more m&m candies on them when they are still soft since they will double in size.
- Then take them on a wire rack to cool.