Since these Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles are made with Greek yogurt and blueberries, you could enjoy these popsicles guilt-free! These are nutritious and doesn’t harm your body when you are fighting with the heat. If you have to watch your weight this summer, yet crave for a snack, give these yogurt popsicles a try! You could also try it with different berries.
Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles are rich and creamy, they make you feel like you are sitting on a bench watching sea and feeling a cool breeze.
Greek yogurt is such a great food that you can even make a scrumptious yet guilt-free Blueberry Cheesecake. Tested and approved! If it makes this wonderful cheesecake, why not make popsicles with it? It gives a little tartness, but you can increase the amount of honey if you don’t like it that way.
I loosen the Greek yogurt a little because you know all its liquid is drained and it’s difficult to pour into molds. Also the flavor could be too dense if it is left thick. I used regular milk to thin the yogurt since I want to keep it healthy. You can definitely use heavy cream instead to have something very much like ice cream if you don’t have a weight concern.
I leave the blueberries almost whole in the popsicles. I just gently squeeze some of them to have nice purple stains on the white. To have berries in all layers, I place some berries at the bottom of the mold, before puring the yogurt mixture. Pour the mixture on blueberries and then toss in some berries too. Pour the rest of the mixture and place berries on the top gently pressing over.
Homemade popsicles are fun and a great way to beat the heat. The variations are endless, just use your creativity! I remember we used to make popsicles with my brother as a kid in small bowls. There were no popsicle molds in my childhood. They are still not popular here in Turkey, to be honest I had been feeling really jealous whenever I saw perfect popsicles frozen in molds around the web until found the ones I used for these popsicles at Tchibo. You can imagine how I had a non-stop smiling on my face when I bought a set of those molds.
Do you like fruit flavored yogurt? These blueberry yogurt popsicles are like the frozen version of it. I’m sure these will be the best mixture of fruit and yogurt you’ve ever eaten! I added a little honey to sweeten the yogurt and the berries inside just complemented the delicacy of these popsicles.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Pour milk into yogurt gradually and mix. You can increase or decrease the amount of milk depending on the thickness of the Greek yogurt you are using. Just make sure it’s loose enough to spoon into the molds.
- Add in honey and mix. Taste it and decide if you like the sweetness. You might want to increase it if you like it sweeter.
- Place blueberries on the bottom of molds, share half the yogurt mixture, toss in some more blueberries. Place the sticks in each mold. Divide the rest of yogurt mixture into molds and finally top with blueberries gently pressing on each.
- Freeze for about 5 hours or overnight.