Beetroot pickle recipe is super easy. You don’t need to wait for a long time. Pair it with whatever dish you’d like and double your joy!
In Turkish cuisine, we have pickles as a side dish for most of meals. And in Autumn, people prepare a variety of pickles for winter. But this delicious beetroot pickle can also be prepared in winter. It’s very easy and most importantly, you don’t need to wait for some weeks to eat it. It’ll be ready just in one day. Can you feel its taste? It goes very well especially with bulgur pilaf. Dip your spoon first to this pilaf and then a bowl of beetroot pickles. Enjoy!
The easiest way of pickling beetroot.
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 3 middle size beetroots
- 1 big lemon
- 5 garlic cloves, 1 of them smashed
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ small cup vinegar
- Put the beetroots with their skin on in a pressure cooker and boil them half an hour until they get soft (like boiled potatoes).
- Peel the beetroots very thin. Chop them how you wish, but they shouldn’t be too small. Put them in a big jar or in a pot.
- Now add garlic, salt, vinegar and lemon juice in the purple water in the pressure cooker.
- Then pour this water into the jar. The level of the water should pass over the beetroots. If that water is not enough, you can add some hot water. And put the lid on.
- You can eat this beetroot pickles and drink its juice the following day.