I shared my first experience with avocado some time ago. It was a dip made from a combination of avocado and cheese. Do you remember that? We have eaten avocado several times since then especially in thin slices on salads. As it’s already summer here, we love to have salads for lunch. To make our salad more nutritional, we add various healthy foods into our salads including protein sources like beans, chicken or tuna. We were enjoying our tuna salad the other day with a few avocado slices on the top when the idea of tuna filled avocado came to my mind.
Flavors of tuna and avocado match very well and roasted red bell pepper just balances them. I used parsley and green onions, but you can use any herb you like such as fresh dill or basil.
- 1 avocado
- 4 tbsp canned tuna
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- salt to taste
- Cut avocado lengthwise and remove its pit. Scoop out the flesh from one half.
- Add half of lemon juice, half of olive oil and salt.
- Mash it until smooth.
- Toss in 2 tbsp tuna, half of herbs and half of roasted red bell pepper.
- Fill avocado half with this mixture and repeat the same steps for other half.